| Home  | Forums | Profile | Inbox | My Subscription | My Forums| Search |       | Random Picture | Random State | Photo Gallery | Calendars | Login |Log Out |Register |

My tribute to Michael Jackson

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [USA Pictures Main Forum] >> Main Forum in English >> My tribute to Michael Jackson Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My tribute to Michael Jackson - 6/26/2009 9:43:14 PM   
WestCoastSpirit

Score: 0
So this morning the radio broadcasted the very unfortunate news. A Star was gone. And I thought, gosh, that’s definitively absolutely unexpected news! I was sad but fine. And so I was for the day, maybe because I was quite busy.

Back from work, a quick flight with Air France. Week-end, here it comes after another crazy week. Time to setback and relax, right? So why do I feel somewhat devasted now? Is it because Michael is everywhere, on every channel, broadcasted by any radio station around? No. Call this a post-traumatic effect, to a certain extent. Well.

So I was thinking, come on guy, what’s difference between now and this morning? I think I have the beginning of an explanation. Yep, I twisted the whole thing out. After all, I’m in my 30’ and Thriller was not my reference. I'm already ashamed enough to have discovered Motown Music basically two weeks away!

Yeah. I was a teen in the late 80’. Bad was the K7 looping in my Walkman. Those were the days. What I do realize now is the obvious fact that Michael Jackson was one of the various components of my teen-American-dream's genesis.
At that time, I was facetious enough to think that I will -hopefully one day, me being a young French- buy an used Chevy Pick-Up truck and hit the road between New York City and Los Angeles. Yeah, that’s right, at that time I thought I will do that one day. USA was this great, magical country in my teen soul. And TWA would be the Airline to fly me from Europe to USA. That’s a different story.

Almost 20 years later, I’m glad to see how things had turned for me. I don’t know if Michael was an element of the equation, but he for sure was a icon. He is part of my USA Spirit.

So long, Michael!
WestCoastSPirit

< Message edited by WestCoastSpirit -- 6/26/2009 9:48:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: My tribute to Michael Jackson - 7/5/2009 4:34:35 PM   
TheKnock

thanks westcoastspirit..
I feel so sorry for these shocking news , Michael Jackson was a legend, he was my favorite and he'll still
he will always stay in our heart and his songs will always be there, he was very special and no one will or can replace him.
May God rest his soul،،،،،،

(in reply to WestCoastSpirit)
Post #: 2
RE: My tribute to Michael Jackson - 6/15/2012 1:37:54 AM   
wowlijetgold

I think success has no rules, but you can learn a lot from failure.

-----------------------------
RS Gold|Cheap Runescape Gold|Cheap RS Gold

(in reply to WestCoastSpirit)
Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 1/9/2013 7:14:00 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to wowlijetgold)
  Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 10/4/2013 1:35:07 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Deleted User)
  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [USA Pictures Main Forum] >> Main Forum in English >> My tribute to Michael Jackson Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts