| Home  | Forums | Profile | Inbox | My Subscription | My Forums| Search |       | Random Picture | Random State | Photo Gallery | Calendars | Login |Log Out |Register |

Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [USA Picture Feedback] >> What's new / Quoi de neuf >> Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/8/2009 4:49:31 PM   
WestCoastSpirit

Hi all,

We now have our V2 engine upload online. Long story short, it is now even easier and faster to publish. You can upload up to 3 photos one shot and duplicate informations between pictures (location, tags, comment, ...)

Your feedback is wanted with this new engine.

It will hopefully be a smooth transition for you .... give it a try now:

http://www.usa-pictures.com/upload/
Post #: 1
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/8/2009 6:04:47 PM   
vincen

Cool :D

Panoramic Photograph with Nikon D3, Noblex 135 and Canon 350D
http://www.skivr.com

(in reply to WestCoastSpirit)
Post #: 2
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/8/2009 6:16:54 PM   
WestCoastSpirit

By the way my new camera is a Nikon D5000. The GPS plug is there, but it's not the typical, round shaped connector. It's a more or less a squared one, looks like an usb plug.

Do you have a gps device that fits that?

WCS

(in reply to vincen)
Post #: 3
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/8/2009 7:07:58 PM   
vincen

Yep there are two differents connectors on DSLR Nikon reflex, one rounded and one squared :) You need that one GPS for your DSLR: http://www.dawntech.hk/di-GPS/mini_2s.htm but I don't have some in stock right now but I can get one pretty quickly if you want ;)

Vincèn

Post #: 4
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/8/2009 7:20:51 PM   
WestCoastSpirit

Can you please get one for me please? Do you ship overseas?

We will introduce geo tagging for photo anytime soon. We may want to put some ads for your store here. We should talk about that in PM ....

Thanks,
WCS

(in reply to vincen)
Post #: 5
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/8/2009 11:28:34 PM   
airtrainer

Hey Raphaël, how is the Nikon compared to your good old Canon ? The GPS device is a nice touch, I wish you a lot of fun with your new toy :)
Back to the topic, I'm going to try the new upload version right now !

Post #: 6
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/9/2009 1:18:40 AM   
WestCoastSpirit

So how is the new uploader from a frequent poster point of view? I have to say that the former one was a disgrace if you ask me :)

As for the Nikon, it's a brand new toy (2/3 days old), so I'm not even at the beginning of the potential. That's being said, I really like the body construction, it seems robust. I only have one lens so far, but this one seems really good, very sharp. One thing for a long time Canon owner like me, one has to turn the barrel to the left (or is it to the right?) to zoom. It's the opposite with Canon lens.

Other than that, this SLR seems very powerful. The new generation is very flexible, with live view from the LCD screen -just like a compact camera-, video functions and a comprehensive menu. Even some embedded functions to edit images, to correct picture level (angle) for example.

Overall, I can't say more so far but it looks superior by far.

The GPS option is also nice. We will have that one day on usa-pictures.com. Basically, the device tag the pictures automatically with GPS based informations. We can then strip informations off in order to place the picture on a google-earth like map. I think this feature will be amazing.

So stay tuned!

(in reply to airtrainer)
Post #: 7
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/9/2009 2:40:37 AM   
airtrainer

Well I have to say, I like it very much, that's a great improvement :) Just finished uploading another batch before going to bed and I found it really easier to use.

I'm also thinking of buying an external GPS device for my 350D, will maybe look for that on my next trip in march...

Post #: 8
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/9/2009 4:12:35 AM   
WestCoastSpirit

Hey, that rocks :)

As for your GPS project, the problem with Canon SLR is how complex it is that add the external device. It's is just ridiculous. And there is nothing down the pipe if one could trust the guy I talked with at the camera shop the other day.

You may want to go for an external one. All use a time code between the camera and the GPS to tag the pictures. Some do that with a software during the camera offloading process. I once saw a device that do by processing directly the memory card and appending files with the GPS data.

Please give us a feedback if you move forward with this project!

WCS

(in reply to airtrainer)
Post #: 9
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/9/2009 7:13:02 AM   
vincen

In fact you can connect external GPS to Canon DSLR but only with USB. Only way to get an USB port on Canon DSLR is to install the wifi module that is very expensive :( It's a shame for Canon users ! One of the reasons to buy Nikon

Vince

quote:

ORIGINAL: WestCoastSpirit
You may want to go for an external one. All use a time code between the camera and the GPS to tag the pictures. Some do that with a software during the camera offloading process. I once saw a device that do by processing directly the memory card and appending files with the GPS data.

Post #: 10
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/9/2009 9:43:27 AM   
airtrainer

Thanks a lot for the info. I was however looking at this one that looks pretty simple to use, even by a (insert appropriate term ) like me...
http://www.jobo.com/web/photoGPS.447.0.html

(in reply to vincen)
Post #: 11
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/9/2009 10:02:08 AM   
vincen

nice product but a little tedious to use as your pictures are not geottaged when you shot them, you have to use a software later to put gps infos in your pictures so no best way in my idea

Vincèn

quote:

ORIGINAL: airtrainer

Thanks a lot for the info. I was however looking at this one that looks pretty simple to use, even by a (insert appropriate term ) like me...
http://www.jobo.com/web/photoGPS.447.0.html

(in reply to airtrainer)
Post #: 12
RE: Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster - 11/9/2009 12:38:39 PM   
airtrainer

Humm, wasn't aware of this... I think I'll wait again, I'm sure better stuff will be available soon.

Thanks for the good info.

JF

(in reply to vincen)
Post #: 13
[Deleted] - 8/12/2013 2:35:21 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [USA Picture Feedback] >> What's new / Quoi de neuf >> Upload V2 released, upload is easier and faster Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts